1) Remove all bedding (sheets, conforters) and place in plastic bags and seal them tightly. Wash all bedding in hot water. After washing, place all clean bedding in new plastic bags and seal them tightly. Discard old plastic bags outside for garbage removal. Do not re–use them. Wash or replace pillows.
2) Vacuum bed frames, box springs and mattresses. (Pay special attention to the edges, buttons and tufts.) Also vacuum the floors, rugs and around the baseboards. All shoes must be vacuumed as well. Place vacuum bag in a sealed plastic bag and discard outside for garbage removal.
3) Remove all items from beneath the bed.
4) Empty all closets, dressers, bookshelves, wall units, hutches, breakfronts, etc. throughout the residence, including platform bed drawers (if any). All items that have been removed from these areas should be inspected, cleaned and put into plastic bags and sealed tightly. All the above-mentioned areas must be vacuumed once they have been emptied to help eliminate any live bed bugs or eggs that may be present. Also remove all framed pictures and decorative items from walls and vacuum. Place vacuum bag in a sealed plastic bag and discard outside for garbage removal.
5) Wash all clothes prior to treatment. After washing, place clean clothes in new plastic bag and seal them tightly. Discard old plastic bags outside for garbage removal. Do not re-use them.
6) You must keep all areas such as closets, dressers, bookshelves, wall units, hutches, breakfronts, etc. empty in preparation for the follow-up treatment. It is the customer's responsibility to call to arrange for follow-up service approximately 2 weeks after the original treatment.
7) Pregnant women must consult their physician regarding this treatment and submit written authorization before the service can be provided.
8) Toddlers under 1 year old must be out of the apt or house for a minimum of 24 hours. Anyone with asthmatic condition must stay out of the apt or house for a minimum of 48 hours.
9) The apt or house must be vacant for minimum of 4 hours following the treatment or until chemical is completely dry.
All pets must be out of the apt or house for at least 6 hours. Birds must be out of the apt or house for 24 hours. Fish tanks must be covered tight with plastic and the filter must be turned off
10) After bed bug treatment has been provided, we strongly recommend that vinyl mattress covers are used on all mattresses to avoid contact with the chemicals used in treatment.
Plastic cover prices:
Please call us @ 866-530-pest (7378) or visit wwwprivateexterminating.com